Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out - Lack of Summer for ME





It's that time again... the wednesday meme over at Shells which I just LOVE... and because we can talk about ANYTHING its why I love it!


Lets talk about my summer vacation...

Oh or wait the lack of one for the first time in FIVE years.

I have been a teacher for five years (including this one), but this year I have just been a sub. I quit the permanent job I had for the last three. (another story in itself). So for the first time in
Five years I have to actually find a job and work for the summer, while still praying I find a permanent teaching job for next school year.

Can we say DEPRESSSED about it.. YES! I have so LOVED getting to be with my Kids and do things with them. and now they will be at day care all day long (yes getting to do lots of fun things and go places), but still.

Guess I will try to fill the few weekends of the summer up with things we can do, On the weekends I actually have them :(

Sad Sad Sad... :(

But on a happier note.. we only have like 11 days of school left! :)

6 comments:

  1. Awwww :( I'm sorry. That's got to be rough!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sucks!! But like you say you still have the weekends. Just have to jam pack 'em. :) I hope you can find permanent work for next year!! I know the economy is super tough and it's sucking for a lot of people!!! (my friends husband in Canada is also a teacher and he's going through something similar...cause we all know the Canadian economy follows the US despite what some proud Canadians wanna think :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I hope you can find something that you like.

    I just saw a notice at the private school that I'm sending my middle son to next year(he needs the small class size, so we're sending him there, while big bro goes to public)...and it was the first time in a long time that I considered going back to teaching. Then they both could go there. But, it would put my youngest in daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to find something that fits for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find something soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I understand! We're on a year round schedule with the early childhood kiddos, so I'm scheduled during July! Ugh! It kills me to think about it.

    ReplyDelete